January 10, 2009

Sparkly Dog Cake


I was all set to make a dog birthday cake, when I got the request for a "sparkly dog cake".  What exactly does that look like?  Well I made the base in pink icing and then added edible glitter to fill the request.  The collar is red licorice, the nose is a cut piece of tootsie roll as are the eyes and the mouth is a piece of a starburst candy. The birthday girl was thrilled. 

Of course I always learn things when I do this. Afterward I decided my time honored technique of putting a little wax paper under the edges to keep it from getting icing on it, was not really worth it.  I think next time, I just need to pipe some stars or a border around the base to cover the little mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...