April 6, 2009

Lamb Tracing Cake


This was my first time tracing a pattern onto a cake to create the design. It's really not hard.  You just cut the shape about, lay it on the cake and trace around it with a toothpick. Then if you are really artistically challenged like me, you poke the holes in the inside lines to give you guides for drawing the interior (in this case, the lamb's legs and facial features.

I made this cake for Easter. My daughter found me the lamb out of her Strawberry Shortcake coloring book. You could really make any coloring book page or clipart into a cake design very easily. I think looking back I wouldn't have blown the image up, becuase it was really too big for the cake, so be careful of your sizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...