July 12, 2008

Blueberries

Tis the season...for blueberries that is. We have three blueberry bushes and they were loaded this year. Enough for us and the birds, but next year I'm buying some netting to keep ALL the berries. I think the best way to eat them is straight off the bush, but we also like them with yogurt and granola. Homemade yogurt is pretty easy even without a fancy yogurt maker, you really just need a thermometer.

I also take a bunch of them and freeze them for blueberry muffins, blueberry crisp and to stir in our "help yourself" oatmeal during the winter time.  I have not made blueberry jelly, but one of these days I'm determined to.  What do you do with your blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...