December 16, 2009

Just A Little Something


I needed a little something for bus driver appreciation day, so I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. The problem is, that's not much of a gift. So I wanted to take it up a notch. I wrapped up a paper plate of cookies with purple cellophane (you can get it at party or crafting stores) and tied it with a pretty fabric ribbon and a homemade card. I have learned using a fabric ribbon makes things look nicer, instead of the regular polyester ribbon. I don't always understand why something looks good unless someone takes the time to explain the design rules behind something. Often, an artistic friend will say, "that's just the way you do it". I need more, I need to have a principle behind it. That's how I learned about fabric ribbon - crazy I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...